"Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of the exceeding joy of which I did taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost." -Alma 36:24 (The Book of Mormon)

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Simplify

http://lds.org/pages/mormon-messages-gallery?lang=eng#moments-that-matter-most
 In my house, in St. George UT, there hangs a plaque on the wall of our living room that just has one word on it: "Simplify". When my Mom first bought it we all kinda gave her a hard time, I really didn't understand what it meant. The more I live, though, the more I have come to appreciate that word. I love the scripture found in the Book of Mormon, in Alma 37:6-7 (pg. 300), that reads, "Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise. And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes. and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls." Joy can come in the littlest forms. In the feelings you get as you kneel on bended knee in the morning, by a smile from a stranger, having your dog get so excited when you come home, watching a sunset at the end of the day. It is in those type of moments when the Spirit of our Heavenly Father can testify of our relationship with Him. When we can feel His infinite love and love from those around us. When we slow down to take notice we can feel joy everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment