"Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of the exceeding joy of which I did taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost." -Alma 36:24 (The Book of Mormon)

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Family

This morning I was thinking about what to write in my blog post today and the image of my family popped into my head. If there is anything that truly brings me great joy it is my family. They are that constant safety net in my life of people who are always there for me and who accept me for exactly who I am. So, I'm going to tell you a little bit about my family and what makes them so great:

My Dad- Super driven, a hard worker, a city manager, loves learning, you can sometimes catch him listening to Miley Cyrus music, loves quoting movies, a provider, someone who takes pride in his family
My Mom- A quiet hero, humble, patient, full of love, meek, doesn't like to watch the same movie twice, temperate, loves the sun, loves watching ER shows on TV, a great listener
Kreigh (my older brother)- Entertaining, child-like, pure, artistic, a good father, only has about 5 different foods as part of his diet, can continue to function on no sleep
Krista (my sister-in-law)- Stubborn, passionate, dreams big, isn't afraid to take charge and get things done, always can make any situation not awkward, the best person to have inside jokes with, the sister I always wanted
Kyle (my little brother)- Quiet, witty humor, incredibly smart, valiant, faithful, is comfortable in his own skin, is willing to entertain your crazy ideas, obedient, self-sacrificing

I could make the list go on and on. I really love my family. We haven't always agreed on everything, we haven't always gotten along but because of the foundation of faith that my parents tried to instill in us since we were young we've been able to become great friends. Families have been ordained of God, and because of that they are the most important social unit now and in the eternities. When the gospel of Jesus Christ is brought into families the home can be a place of peace and refuge, it can be a place where the spirit dwells, it can be an anchor in a world that's values are shifting. Having time together as a family to read from the Bible and the Book of Mormon, to pray together, to eat meals together, to learn and grow together, has been such a blessing in my life. I know that we can find happiness in our families, no matter what background we come from. I know that when we make the Savior apart of our families that He will keep us safe and we will be able to experience peace and joy.

1 comment:

  1. I love you!!!
    "always can make any situation not awkward"
    Love it :-)

    ReplyDelete